Genetic Testing and Precision Medicine
Cancers are genetic diseases caused by the gradual accumulation of mutations. When cell-regulating genes are mutated or damaged, cells lose control and proliferate endlessly, eventually leading to malignant tumors.
Accurate identification of each unique gene mutation in a patient’s solid tumor provides the best clinical evidence for precise clinical treatment, molecular classification and monitoring for residual disease and recurrence, as well as providing key information for new scientific discoveries.
CanSelect™ Comprehensive Genetic Testing with 509-gene panel
Is one of Genetron’s tumor precision medicine products, applicable for all solid-tumor patients. Using high-throughput and high-accuracy NGS technology, this product tests mutations for 509 cancer genes (including 5 types of variants such as mutation, insertion/deletion, fusion, amplification and MSI) and 29 chemotherapy-related genetic sites, covering 233 tumor drugs. It provides the most reliable evidence for precise treatment, molecular classification and disease monitoring, as well as key information for new scientific discoveries.
· Comprehensive – Detects 509 genes (cancer related or targeted drugs related) and guidance for targeted therapies and 29 chemotherapies .
· Multidimensional view – Exams drug-targeted genes, proto-oncogenes and tumor-suppressor genes, tumor high-frequency mutation genes, genetic susceptibility genes and related gene mutations of 12 tumor-signaling pathways.
· Precision – Analyzes of 223 targeted drugs to provide valuable clinical reference.
· Multiple applications – Assists in clinical application of precision medicine, molecular classification, prognosis prediction and genetic risk assessment, as well as scientific discovery.
· World's leading sequencing platforms – Uses high-throughput and highly effective Illumina sequencing platforms to test five different genetic variants including mutation, insertion/deletion, fusion, amplification and MSI.
· Guaranteed data accuracy with two independent algorithms for data analysis – Provides comprehensive, rapid and accurate analysis of cancer mutations with two independent proprietary algorithms from John Hopkins University and Genetron Health.
· Professional report interpretation and follow-up – Provides one-on-one professional medical interpretation and consulting, with regular follow-up every three months, and report updates every six months with latest scientific findings.
All solid-tumor patients (newly diagnosed patient, patients with drug resistance and patients with disease relapse)
Tumor sample (one of the following)
Fresh tissue: surgery (mung bean size), biopsy (more than 2 pieces), formalin fixed tissue (1 piece of mung bean size)
Frozen tissue: surgery (mung bean size), biopsy (> 2pieces)
Paraffin slides: surgery (over 5 slides), biopsy (15-20 slides)
Paraffin blocks: 1 piece (mung bean size)
5 ml peripheral blood, or 2 ml saliva, or 50 ml saliva mouthwash (choose one, peripheral blood preferred)
Turnaround time (TAT)
14 days (upon receiving samples)